Monday, March 23, 2015

2015-03-09 El Norte

Wow, this is an interesting place. I know I'd heard about the wind before, but I didn't really think I'd mind that much. It's just wind, right? The heat worried me the most. But this Thursday, we got hit hard by the "nortes" (northerlies? Really, no idea), super-strong winds that are the result of living in a hot port city. I think. Really, I haven't taken too much time to think it out. Or that many science classes. Ah, well. The problem isn't even the wind. I like the wind. It's a break from the heat. It's really all of the dirt that comes. It was kind of like what I'd always imagined a sandstorm on Tatooine would be like. It blows tons of dirt, sand, dust, what-have-you in your face until you prefer to walk around with your eyes closed. And, of course, the inside of all the houses get covered also, through the cracks in the doors and windows alone. So, imagine what our house looked like after I remind you that we have two busted windows from rude passersby. Dirt everywhere! Ah well. Cleanliness is next to godliness, so in cleaning it's really like we're repenting, and look how much joy Alma found in repenting!

Erwin got confirmed this Sunday and received the Aaronic priesthood! He's still going strong!

Sorry, because of the time I'm going to have to leave you all with this for right now, but I did manage to upload a couple of pictures! I consider that a success.

Stay strong, and a shout out to my family for tracking down and trying chapulines as well! I'm proud of you. 

Élder Rob Weatherford

Comp photo with giant letters that say Veracruz. Classic.
Also, in case you were wondering how I could talk about army and police carrying assault rifles in the streets, scanning everyone, without much nervousness, this is why. If I had to take a guess, I would say Facebook. The picture's a little crooked because I was trying to be inconspicuous in taking it.




No comments:

Post a Comment