Monday, September 28, 2015

2015-9-14 Walterflord y Lind (because HIS name is pronounceable)

Nobody came to church this Sunday because no investigators were allowed! I don't know if they showed it in the states, but I doubt it... But I'm pretty sure all over México they showed the rededication of the temple in México City. We got to hear from the Temple President and his wife, from Élder Benjamín de Hoyos, the same one that came a few months ago to give us a training, and then from Élder Holland and Élder Eyring. I really liked what Élder Holland said. He quoted President Young when he was asked about if he (President Young) believed they would have success with the Salt Lake temple after having to abandon other attempts. He essentially said, "I don't know and I don't care. What I do know is that the Lord wants us to be here, doing this right now. So I'm going to do it." The actual quote is better, but that's what I got out of it. There's a lot of uncertainty in the world right now, with pretty much any topic you care to name. The Lord's standards and expectations are being pushed farther and farther to one side, and at times we wonder if we can really do what He expects of us. Or if it's even worth trying. I could be questioning if I'm making a difference, if I'm even changing myself, if I'm living up to what the Lord expects of me in these two years. Those are the thoughts most prevalent in my mind, but any person can and does put in their own worries and thinks about those things, time and time again. 

The Lord allows us to have doubts. True bravery isn't not having fears. It what you do with those fears, what you do with those doubts, that matters. I hope I can have the faith of President Young, I hope we all can, as we do what the Lord needs us to do, what we need us to do. Also, I'm really excited to be able to go to the temple again in a year. I've missed it a lot. And, of course, I've thought maybe that's one of the reasons we're not allowed to go... Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I believe in Christ, and every day I'm a little more amazed at the love He shows for me. I don't really understand the Atonement still, and I probably won't every really be able to comprehend it. I know I don't deserve it. But He's still trusted me to go around and tell people about it, to be able to experience it as well. Like Elder Holland said about sending a bunch of kids out to preach the Gospel: "Bad business decision, divinely inspired." Every calling is an opportunity to give service, and every calling is badly needed. 

Doctrine and Covenants 81:5  Wherefore, be faithful; stand in the office which I have appointed unto you; succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees.

Those hands may be mine that are hanging, those may be my knees that are shaking, but when I lose myself in service to my fellow beings I'm losing myself in my God. And that's what I need to do--lose myself, my will, in His. That's when the miracles happen.

Con amor,
Élder Rob Weatherford


P.S. A couple more pics from waterfall day. Comp selfie, and First Vision photo. "I saw a pillar of light..." 



No comments:

Post a Comment