Monday, February 23, 2015

2015-2-23 Conozca a los Mormones. En serio, hágalo.‏ (Meet the Mormons. Seriously, do it.)



**Note from Kathy.  I have been sending his titles through the translator at spanishdict.com.  So, I thought I'd put the translation in parentheses.  So, there we are!

Finally saw "Meet the Mormons!" I guess I can't really say "finally," because it still doesn't officially come out in México until this Friday, but hearing about how good it was really had gotten me interested before! I honestly thought I'd have to wait until after the mission. But no, on Wednesday night I got a call from our leaders telling us that we'd be meeting the following morning in the chapel next to the temple to watch a movie! So, all in the same day I got to see the temple in Veracruz (sorry, they told us not to bring cameras), see a few missionary friends that I hadn't seen in a while, and watch my first movie that wasn't directly based on the Book of Mormon or the early Church for almost six months. No big deal.

I really liked "Meet the Mormons", actually. It's going to supplement (maybe even surpass, I don't know) the "I'm a Mormon" campaign, and keep on helping to dispel myths and help people really see that we're actually pretty normal. But it's a fun movie, and I'd really recommend it to everyone. All proceeds are going to be donated--it's really purely for the purpose of "meeting the Mormons."

I'm going to cut this short here to have time to put photos, because this p-day we took some pictures! This is the first time I've been close to the ocean on my mission, and so even though we can't enjoy the beach in the way I might have liked, we can enjoy the statuary! (I need to admit at this time that I'm not 100% certain of the validity of that word. Ah well. I'll plead the "I've been speaking Spanish for six months" card.)

First, we have a comp photo of me and Élder Dawson from Phoenix, Arizona! 5 de Mayo in action! Kind of!







Next, we have a picture of me and Élder Carbine from Utah, a friendly face that arrived in the district recently from my old zone, Orizaba!

And lastly, well, me. With a diver. 

Ok. Final news... there's a stake conference this weekend, which is good. A little less good, because it's made scheduling our baptism a little difficult. But I'm ok with that, because we actually have a baptism that we're able to schedule for this Saturday. Pray for Erwín! He's so close!

Con mucho amor,

Élder Rob Weatherford  

No comments:

Post a Comment